Job Title: Military Communications Engineer
Location: North Shields/Portsmouth/Plymouth/Central Cornwall
Salary: £24K - £32K DOE plus Attractive Benefits
Our client is an established manufacturer of specialised equipment. They’re now looking for a Military Communications Engineer to be based in the Portsmouth / Plymouth / Central Cornwall area. The successful candidate will work from home and travel in the UK and overseas carrying out installation and maintenance of bespoke equipment.
£24K - £32K DOE, OVERTIME PAYMENTS, COMPANY VEHICLE / ALLOWANCE, TRAVEL EXPENSES & ALLOWANCES, TRAINING PROVIDED PLUS PENSION SCHEME.
Military Communications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Travel extensively in the UK and overseas involving frequent overnight stays.
- Attend client sites and carry out maintenance and repairs to company products.
- Prepare and write reports on jobs/projects and complete maintenance schedules.
- Liaise with customers regarding progress of work.
- Provide support to customers on site, including technical support and troubleshooting.
- Liaise with other engineers and also management, reporting back to the office update on progress.
- Working to tight deadlines.
Military Communications Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- Electronic or electrical engineering bias with relevant qualifications.
- Good understanding of military communication/radio systems.
- GMDSS / maritime satellite communications experience advantageous.
- Must be able to pass client’s medical.
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
- Flexible approach to travel and staying away from home on a regular basis.
- IT Literate
- Full Driving Licence.
Military Communications Engineer Benefits:
- £24K - £32K Salary DOE.
- Overtime Available.
- Overseas and Offshore Allowances, Company Vehicle/Allowance, Travel Expenses and Allowances.
- Training provided.
- Pension Scheme.
- 20 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy (Communication Equipment Maintainers), British Army (Royal Signals), Royal Air Force.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'