Mid & Senior Level PHP Developers
Manchester City Centre
£25k-£45k Dependent Upon Experience
* You will have a solid understanding of OO PHP and associated practices *
This Manchester City Centre based client is a people company with a software background. Input, ideas and innovations are welcomed and encouraged from everyone in the team.
- This is an open, collaborative and friendly workspace.
- Help is always at hand, we work in a supportive learning environment where our developers and engineers are challenged to use their skills and creativity to overcome a range of unsolved problems.
- We understand that learning new systems is not always easy and it takes time.
- You will be given the support you need to grow and develop.
- With mentoring and support from the CTO, Technical Architects, Development Managers and Senior Engineers - you will be learning from the industry's best, to become the best.
We're looking for Junior, Mid and Senior creative software engineers who can bring fresh ideas from all areas including, system architecture, software engineering, process analysis and security. The client need versatile engineers who display leadership qualities and are enthusiastic about tackling new problems across a range of business areas.
Our senior engineers aren't just great coders; they raise the bar for the whole business. They share their knowledge across the organisation, mentor upcoming talent and, more than anyone else, 'get it' and get it done.
Mid & Senior Level PHP Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop the underlying enterprise systems that underpin the operations of the business, primarily in OO PHP.
- You will collaborate with key stakeholders and team members to define feature specifications and be involved in technical discussions.
- Working with the operations team you'll help improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services and build new features with consideration for testability and extensibility.
- You will ensure that technical decisions support our goals of performance, quality, reliability, scalability, availability and security.
Mid & Senior Level PHP Developer Experience:
- A background in commercial development, most likely on e-commerce or high volume transactional systems.
- A track record of constant learning and understanding of software patterns
Strongly Preferred Experience & Requirements:
- Strong MySQL knowledge, working with large & complex schemas, an interest in performance
- Production experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience building highly scalable and complex distributed systems
- Experience with Cloud Computing
- An interest in performance (from micro-optimisations in PHP code, MySQL schemas a queries through to progressive web)
- Experience with any of the following is a plus (but none are required): Elasticsearch, Solr, Composer, Vagrant, Capistrano, Puppet, GitHub, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Codeception, PHPUnit, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, App Engine, Datastore, xhprof.
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.