The Medical Protection Society Limited ("MPS") is the world's leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for any complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our in-house experts assist with the wide range of legal and ethical problems that arise from professional practice. This can include clinical negligence claims, complaints, medical and dental council inquiries, legal and ethical dilemmas, disciplinary procedures, inquests and fatal accident inquiries.
IT Operations provides the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to supportMPS's business strategy and strategic change programme. The department develops, enhances and manages applications and infrastructure through appropriate architecture streams to provision highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to supportMPS in its delivery of a world class service by exceptional staff.
We are recruiting for an MI Analyst, to work in our IT department, based in our Leeds office.
The purpose of this role is to work with the existing MI team members to provide reporting and management information to all MPS departments as well as the creation of business requirement specifications, data definition and data migration analysis.
You will work with stakeholders across all levels to identify and formally capture process requirements arising from changes to existing and design of new processes as well as assisting in the support/development of future data requirements and translating these in to detailed written requirements at business and functional levels.
Duties will also include:
- Interrogating large data sets, providing insight and conversion into actionable information
- Maintaining and developing the correct production of regular and recurrent management information, ensuring procedures are in place, understood and followed. This includes all workflow, productivity and financial reporting aspects of MPS for internal use
- Logical and physical data modelling
- Actively contributing to the project planning process throughout the life of the project by providing realistic and accurate estimates for tasks
- Monitor progress in completing tasks versus estimates, to highlight at the earliest opportunity where there is potential for variance, and to suggest pro-actively solutions that will mitigate / minimize the impact of these variations on project progress
- Liaison with key business representatives and creating business requirement specifications, data definition and data migration analysis.
The post-holder will have previous experience in a similar role, with strong technical skills in Excel and T-SQL querying (2008/2012/2014). Crucially, you will have previous experience in producing process maps for new and existing business processes paired with an in-depth understanding of database security during their design and deployment. It would also be desirable to have knowledge of the following data analysis tools: SSAS, SSRS, SAP BO.
In return, we offer a great working environment in conveniently located offices in Leeds city centre with an exceptional benefits package, including a 12% pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday in addition to public holidays, private medical insurance and a health care cash plan, childcare vouchers and annual bonus scheme.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence interviews prior to the closing date so please submit an application as soon as possible.
- business intelligence
- Business analyst
- Management information