£28,000 - £32,000
MET Technician required for a leading Insurance owned accident repair business, who are a fantastic employer. Due to increased workloads, we now have a very urgent requirement for an MET Technician in their Walsall branch.
Our client is a well-established crash repair centre looking for a permanent M.E.T Technician to complete the following duties:
The Job: MET Technician (Mechanical and Engineering and Trim)
- Remove & refit mechanical and electrical trims / panels / components on vehicles
- Follow manufacturer repair methods to return vehicles to pre-accident condition
- Fault finding / Diagnostics
- Perform road testing (if applicable)
- Completing own strip/fit work as allocated in relation to job card, request parts and sign job card on completion.
- Ensuring all parts are approved and ordered on dismantling receiving relevant sign off.
- Responsibility for ensuring work is carried out to a high standard of quality in agreed timescales and sign quality check sheet on completion.
- Achieving an ongoing high rate of productivity.
- Adhering to Blueprint and BS10125 procedures at all times. Ensuring all tasks are carried out in compliance with Health and Safety guidelines wearing all Personal protective equipment (PPE) provided, and work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Providing timely information and updates to team members, colleagues.
- Prioritising any reworks.
- Awareness & adherence to all necessary standards and H&S procedures
- ATA or ATA senior accredited preferred
- Previous Bodyshop M.E.T experience
Ideally you will have the following Experience: MET Technician
- Experienced in stripping and fitting a wide range of vehicles.
- Understanding of mechanical principles relevant to the role.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to prioritise work and complete it to a high standard, whilst adhering to stringent H&S procedures.
- MET Experience is essential
- ATA or Level 3 NVQ
Company benefits: MET Technician
Up to £12 per hour plus bonus on a 45 hour working week Monday to Friday
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- 22 Days holiday plus 8 Bank holidays
- Free Travel insurance
- Car Leasing Scheme
- ATA development
- Workplace Pension
- Life Assurance
If you would like to be considered for the MET Technician job role then please send your CV to Rochelle at Clear Careers
- Automotive Industry
- MET Technician
- Accident repairs