Reporting to the Head of Commercial Development for the effective actual member and income growth of Micro, Essential and Corporate membership sales. This is a full cycle new sales role and does not include any account management responsibilities.
A business service/membership body involved in selling, lobbying and supporting local business. This role is all about B"B sales of membership.
- Undertake sales activity combining a field and telesales approach
- Hitting B2B sales targets - This is a core requirement
- Identify and prospect potential members to generate sales appointments using various methods; online market research, event attendance and introducing a referral process
- To maintain a professional, friendly and efficient contact with prospective members and provide accurate information and advice to secure memberships
- To work closely with local chamber councils and other chamber colleagues such as; Account Managers, Event Leads, Sales Support and Marketing. Mainly for generating leads through referrals
- To back up other members of the Commercial Development team in terms of general sales and marketing activity and to present non-membership commercial opportunities to the Head of Commercial Development
- To assist in the business development and expansion of other commercial services when requested
Writing and executing a membership sales plan which focuses on actual membership and income growth by local chamber
- To take responsibility for all initial communication with prospective Chamber members in a professional, friendly and efficient manner
- To proactively generate sales appointments to ensure a full diary of sales activity and achieving minimum activity targets set
- To undertake field sales activity within a defined geographical area
- To assist with and undertake telemarketing activity as required achieving minimum targets set
- To convert prospects into paid up Chamber members following a systematic sales pipeline process
- To proactively assist in other commercial development opportunities for the chamber
- To meet sales targets in accordance with monthly sales plan
- To request reasonable sales and marketing support to assist in lead generation
- To deal effectively with new membership enquiries and to give appropriate advice and guidance as necessary to secure Chamber membership
- To attend Chamber member events as required to convert prospects into members
- To represent the Chamber at exhibitions and other external events as required
- To provide verbal and written feedback regarding sales activity and achievements
- To provide feedback from companies regarding business trends and demands
- To undertake any other duties as required
- You will have B2B Sales experience
- You will be able to work successfully in a field based role
- You will be able to attend occasional early breakfast meetings and early evening meetings as appropriate
- To be a team player and to support colleagues in the achievement of team objectives
- To portray a professional visual and verbal image at all times
- To undertake training as required
- To pro-actively develop knowledge of the Chamber and it's product portfolio
You will start on £21,000 with a protected commission scheme which should allow you to earn a minimum of £24,000. After passing your probation you will have a £24,000 basic and uncapped commission allowing a realistic OTE of £35,000 plus.
Please be aware there is no flexibility on these base salary rates.