Membership & Retail Assistant
Our retail and visitor teams are at the front line of raising the funds we need, to deliver our cause, whilst delivering an exceptional service for our visitors. If you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds, this Membership and Retail Asistant opportunity could be the right role for you.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
What it's like to work here
Popular for its beautiful coastal and countryside walks, Gower attracts many visitors, year round. Skirting the National Nature Reserve of the South Gower Coast, overlooking Rhossili Bay, the large National Trust shop boasts a range of Trust and local gifts, as well as providing local information. Due to the location of our property you're likely to need your own transport to get here.
What you'll be doing
As a Membership & Retail Assistant, you'll be responsible for welcoming visitors to the property, actively promoting membership of the National Trust and retail sales. Full of knowledge about the Trust and your property, you'll provide information and key messages to our visitors. You'll deliver outstanding customer service to a broad range of visitors and do everything possible to consistently exceed visitor expectations.
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases in our shop. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, being on hand to help and ensuring our shop is maintained to a high standard.
Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role, you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Some cash handling experience
- Experience or interest working for a heritage organisation
- A positive attitude to Welsh language and culture
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job