Medical Secretary - Cardiology
My high profile client are looking for a Senior Medical Secretary that has exposure in working in Cardiology. This person needs to be able To provide full secretarial and administrative services to Practitioners across the range of medical care.
- To remain familiar with, and adhere to, Policies and Procedures, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, ever mindful on the precautions for personal safety of self, colleagues and members of the public in the
- To be mindful of the objectives of the Company, as communicated by the senior management
- Ensure absolute confidentiality of medical information at all times not only in your own work but ensure that it is maintained by locums, temporary staff or anyone else representing the
- To remain flexible and responsive to business demands, particularly in relation to working
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the General
- To respond to incoming calls in a timely
- To identify self to caller (first name), to obtain accurate information about the Caller and their enquiry, and to pass on messages promptly
- Book appointments for all consultants and to pass on more complex
- issues to the relevant person or secretary.
- To manage enquiries quickly and effectively, aiming to minimise the time spent with the caller while remaining polite, efficient and mindful of their possible
- To achieve, through discussion with colleagues, ongoing improvement in the quality of telephone service
- Deputise for the administration team roles as
- Meet and greet patients and consultants on a face to face basis as
- Ensure that name details, addresses, email addresses and relevant associated doctors are properly registered so that template letters are correct. Make sure that key fields in the patient database are filled in - referral source, disease or diagnosis, medication
- Make appointments for patients -
- Send appropriate letters to patients. Prepare templates for patients seen in the clinic as well as when replies are required to correspondence. Ensure the letters go out word perfect, in good English. Assist in reducing delays in sending out reports or referral letters
- Email, effective communication by email to appropriate
- Effective management of telephone calls. Try and establish the purpose of the call and act as required (the caller may be unwell and require your support).
- Management of insurance claim forms, complete forms accurately and
- Checking medication reconciliations and patient records are up to date at all times.
- Manage the journey of the patient through the clinic to enhance the service the patient
- Interview patients in order to ascertain purpose of visit and direct them as appropriate.
- To arrange any medical tests in house or externally that have been requested by a Consultant and in adherence with
Office Angels are an Employment Business
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.
Office Angels Oxford Circus branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'