BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon has a vacancy for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Good knowledge of English Grammar essential
- Excellent typing skills
- Computer literate, good knowledge of Word, Excel etc.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide excellent secretarial support to all Consultants using the Shirley Oaks Hospital Medical Secretariat service. To ensure all data is collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- To maintain and comply with policies and procedures of the Shirley Oaks Hospital.
- Working closely with the Consultants and existing team of Medical secretaries.
- Transcription of dictation from audio of all correspondence relating to all medical and personnel matter whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintaining an accurate database of patients.
- To deal with all patients enquiries in an efficient and professional manner.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.