Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Location: Near Whitchurch, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 (Please advise what you are looking for)
My client is a specialist materials manufacturer working within the heavy engineering sector and they are looking to add experience Mechanical Maintenance Technicians, on a permanent basis, to their team based near the Whitchurch area in Hampshire.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for:
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance as well as reactive and breakdown maintenance
- Install, repair, inspect and overhaul plant & machinery
- Carrying out prompt fault diagnosis
- Maintain up to date records of all training & development activities
- Continuously analysing maintenance procedures & practices, ensuring all methods are as effective & efficient as possible
- Carry out any continuous improvement project work
- Prioritising workload, working in a methodical way
- Building & maintaining strong internal relationships
- Identifying fresh approaches, questioning traditional assumptions
Additional responsibilities may include the modification and commissioning of plant and machinery.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will ideally have the following attributes:
- A sound knowledge of current Health, Safety & Environmental practices
- Good interpersonal skills
- A time served recognised apprenticeship
- A relevant Engineering qualification (City & Guilds, NVQ level 3, ONC, HNC, HND)
- Experience within a process environment & an understanding of process management
- Fault diagnosis & routine maintenance experience
- Ability to adapt to new situations, responding appropriately when they arise
- Strong analytical skills
This fantastic opportunity operates on a Monday to Friday day shift and boasts a salary between £30k & £40k and also offers a great package.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Maintenance Technician, please apply now with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job