Westray Recruitment Consultants are looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Technician who has experience working in heavy industrial settings to commence work for within the Gateshead area. The role is to maintain plant and equipment, contribute to installation and commissioning of new and upgrade of existing equipment, develop through training and experience, and support development of other engineers.
- Work safely at all times observing instructions, procedures, permits, safety systems, lock offs, and other protocols applicable.
- Assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements
- Maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- Systematically establish cause of failure in equipment
- Identify root causes wherever possible and to communicate with relevant personnel.
- Work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken
- Communicate all relevant and necessary information with lead technician, maintenance technician, colleagues or others within the organisation.
- Hand over any work which remains incomplete at the end of a shift
- Report any non-conformances as observed
- Seek assistance whenever required or at times of potential conflict (e.g. priorities)
- Record activities as directed
- Refer to records, drawings, manuals, and other material as necessary
- Comply with all company policies and rules
- Work effectively with colleagues and subcontractors
- Perform any other duties as required by The Company
- Must be educated to a minimum standard of ONC/OND/HND/HNC/NVQIII or equivalent in Maintenance / Mechanical engineering.
- Must have experience in mechanical fault finding
- Heavy engineering mechanical maintenance or similar
- Installation and fault finding AC / DC motors
- Must be able to manage time and information effectively and prioritise given tasks in line with working requirements
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Work unsupervised as well as in a team
- Must be prepared to work at height
- Would be advantageous to have experience of a wide range of motors and drives / starters
- Have experience in crane maintenance
- Have experience of working at height
- Be able to effectively use a computer to basic MS Office applications
- Have experience of Autocad
HOURS OF WORK AND CONTRACT
This is a permanent role and requires candidates to be able to work a 12 hour continental shift pattern. The role will comprise of 2 days followed by 2 nights.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position contains a highly competitive salary and excellent company benefits including free bupa health care.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Tony Hutchinson to find out more information on this role. Please call or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job