Due to a major client win, Search Consultancy has a number of positions available for time served Mechanical Engineers with a marine/ship building background on an ongoing temporary basis.
The candidates for these roles will:
- Layout work from blue prints, drawings, sketches, verbal orders and any other method of instruction.
- Responsible for testing, installation and repair of apparatus and equipment.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on machinery and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Check, test and maintain automatic controls and alarm systems.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Maintain and coordinate repair of machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Maintain mechanical equipment.
- Schedule machine overhauls and the servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, and sewage systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role in the marine industry and have experience in rigging.
A competitive hourly rate is on offer for the right candidate, for more information, apply online today!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job