Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Our client based in Crawley is looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter.
Purpose of the role: Assembly of electrical parts and sub-assemblies.
- Assembly of wiring looms for chassis and service racks
- Working with product development team on prototype and pre-production systems to assemble electrical and mechanical systems.
- Working with BOMs and engineering drawings to disassemble prototype's in order to return parts to stock
- Mark-up/red-line errors in design documentation and work with Document Control to have these corrected.
- Work to defined quality systems and procedures, and support the improvement of these systems.
- Carry out mechanical modifications during the build process.
- Facilitate products for test and de-facilitate for shipment.
- To be self-motivated, ambitious and able to work under your own initiative without constant guidance and management.
- The ability to convey the Company in the most professional manner and to support fully at all times the Company's desire to be the best.
- To work in an organised, intelligent, structured and methodical way and to maintain accurate records of your activities.
- To remain resilient to failure and to continue to strive for success regardless of the hurdles that are placed in your path.
- To be determined to do the best job that you can; to take pride in everything you do and to actively promote those attitudes in others.
- To demonstrate a methodical and organised approach, coupled with an eye for detail and the ability to identify and investigate areas of inaccuracy or error, and the tenacity to see problems through to their resolution.
- The ability to apply an appropriate level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with sensitive or provocative issues.
- The ability to learn quickly and establish a high degree of knowledge and expertise in your particular field.
- To demonstrate a consistent and sustained focus and commitment to achieving targets and timescales, despite setbacks, obstacles and other compromised situations.
- To be organised, disciplined, attentive and proactive in all of your work.
- The ability to follow assembly and test procedures, use assembly equipment (e.g. soldering iron and crimp tools), simple test equipment (e.g. digital voltmeters and cable testers) and manufacture required assemblies to drawings.
- To possess a thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical, equipment and drawings.
- The ability to understand engineering drawings and BOM structures to identify components
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.