Working as part of and providing support to a multi-disciplined engineering, maintenance, combustion and control team to support manufacturing activities across the Sheffield sites. To provide dedicated engineering support and technical knowledge for engineering and process development initiatives, and the management of capital investment projects. To work within and assist in the development of company policies and procedures including relevant Operational and QA procedures, Health and Safety, Environmental and HR policy and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute plans for process improvement through re-engineering of existing equipment.
• Develop and lead small capital expenditure programs.
• Identify and lead Melt Department improvement and reliability projects
• Working as part of a multi – functional engineering team to develop shared skills and competencies with the team.
• Stand in for Maintenance Supervision when required
Skills, Experience & Qualification
• A relevant Mechanical Engineering Degree - although other qualifications will be considered
• Ideally have experience/awareness of VIM melt and Remelt systems and processes
• Ideally have experience of vacuum systems
Demonstrable Experience of:
• A strong engineering background
• Project Management experience
• Problem solving & root cause analysis experience
• Ability to prioritise & plan routine work schedules
• CAD drawing / design experience
• Managing and maintaining health, safety and environment standards and processes.
Qualities & Attributes
• Excellent awareness and attention to HSE and Quality standards, requirements and processes.
• Good communication skills with the ability to work within a team and share knowledge.
• Demonstrable ability to plan and organise.
• Demonstrates a proactive and motivated attitude.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job