Mechanical Engineer (Electronic Devices) - NPD c£57-70k Strong Bonus + Benefits
South East Ref: ABJ3096
As product developer with mechanical engineering and experience of electronic design you will lead projects within the device development. As a mechanical engineer with electronics experience you will deliver an assigned portfolio of projects and activities within the new product development plan which requires the coordination of internal and external stakeholders in alignment with the Principal Development Managers and Manufacturing Manager to support delivery of the commercial vision for the product are key aspects of this role.
- Lead the device development activities both within R&D and across the Supply Chain and Commercial functions
- Promote relevant technical guidance to R&D on product and technology developments to ensure that they have the appropriate level of support within the function
- Lead the development activities for the assigned responsibilities within the team
- Support the Senior Product Developer, where required
- Lead the regulatory compliance for the assigned responsibilities of the Products
- Support solid Intellectual Property (IP) to best protect the product.
- Support the development and implementation of industrialisation plans
- With the support of Product/Quality support the implementation of a quality based approach to device design and development in support of the requirements.
- Develop devices based on a clear scientific understanding of the base technology and ultimately scalable and address commercial requirements.
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related product design degree.
- Contemporary knowledge of mechanical / electronic device design and evaluation of device hardware to meet consumer and commercial needs within legislative and operational constraints.
- Planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Knowledge in consumer-product insights and product research.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence key stakeholders up to senior level.
- Self-starting, independent and tenacious in the pursuit of improvement
- Ability to adapt fast and self-develop
Full Time. Permanent (35hr week)
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes,, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, outlining your particular skills and experience.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job