Mechanical & Electrical Technician P8JOB4536
Salary: Up to £33,752k per annum dependant on experience.
We are currently recruiting for an M&E Technician / Mechanical & Electrical Engineer for our client to cover the Gloucester region.
The role of M&E Technician is to deliver maintenance and repair works to M&E structures, plant and equipment to protect and enhance the reputation of the network as a valued national asset and the provision of customer service.
• Work safely ensuring the safety of others and contribute to safe working in all activities
• When required manage volunteers in the delivery of works to ensure they are completed safely and to the correct quality, whilst maintaining volunteer satisfaction and delivery to programme.
• Support for the delivery of a programme of M&E maintenance and repair works, by staff and assisted by contractors as required, to the ensure the infrastructures are well maintained, whilst maximising customer satisfaction for e.g. repairs and maintenance to structures, automated locks, servicing and repairs to plant and equipment. This will also involve the monitoring of contractor activities when they are working as part of the team.
• Provide mechanical, electrical support and assist in the resolution of mechanical and electrical situations as they arise.
• Participate in a standby rota providing Mechanical / Electrical response.
• Working under supervision, produce recommendations to minor problems undertaking design where appropriate.
• Provide and support the delivery a first level of response for reactive works, at all times, to ensure the safety of customer and the availability of the network.
• Working to a planned timetable with support from the length inspection team survey, inspect, monitor and report on condition of M&E assets. Maintain appropriate data including recommending fitness for purpose. Input results of inspections into SAP via notifications.
• Supervise third party and contract works to delegated levels, providing feedback and reports to contract management team and the contractor - monitoring health & safety and performance.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• City & Guilds level 3/NVQ3 or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline - Essential.
• Experience in hydraulic systems - Essential.
• Demonstrable experience of delivering works to time, specification and budget.
• Some experience & appreciation of great customer service.
• Safety awareness with evidence of strong safety mindset and working within a strong safety culture. Recognised safety qualification desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Full valid driving licence.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'