Mechanical Design Engineer - Role and Responsibilities - Mechanical Engineering / Sheet Metal / Fabrication / Castings / Extrusions / Assembly / Mechanical Engineer / Solidworks
* Design plastic injection moulded components
* Design fabricated interlocking aluminium & steel enclosures
* Carry out mechanical fit and compatibility checks on electronic assemblies. Produce wiring diagrams and assembly instructions when required
* Assist production with design of relevant jigs & fixtures, and manage their manufacture
* Ensure all products are designed for ease of manufacture & assembly
* Evaluate components from datasheet information and then approve through appropriate testing
* Build and test initial samples and qualify the design with correct documentation
* Provide technical support to Production for day-to-day design, performance and quality issues which arise
Mechanical Design Engineer - Skills and Abilities - Mechanical Engineering / Sheet Metal / Fabrication / Extrusion / Castings / Assembly / Mechanical Engineer / Solidworks
* Of degree calibre within mechanical engineering or equivalent
* Familiar with 2D & 3D modelling and design packages. Solidworks preferred but not essential
* Knowledge of metal (castings, sheet metal, extrusions, castings, etc)
* Experience in high volume manufacturing environment with design for manufacture and test
Mechanical Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Sheet Metal / Fabrication / Assembly / Extrusion / Castings / Mechanical Engineer / Solidworks
If this role could appeal, please do apply now!
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sheet Metal
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'