A rare opportunity and fantastic opportunity has arisen for my client in the Llantrisant and Pontyclun area for a Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer working within the Engineering and Product Team.
You will be a seasoned, creative engineering professional who participates in all aspects of product life cycle including product design, transition to production, production and customer use of our products ensuring best manufacturing, test, and serviceability practices are carried out. The ME plays a key role in our product development process managing the transition from development to manufacturing including designing and developing optical, electro-mechanical and mechanical components, and test tools at module and system levels. The ME provides leadership in daily production and technical support activities, focusing on technical problem resolution and continuous improvement of product and process. Works in a team based project environment interacting with Hardware, Software and Firmware engineers and scientists (physicists, chemists and biologists). Knowledge in the field of spectroscopic instrumentation e.g. FT-IR, UV/Vis and/or thermal analysis instrumentation is desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in product design, representing manufacturability, test-ability, reliability and serviceability aspects of our product.
- Designs and develops tooling, testing, training, etc appropriate to the product and technologies being produced. Helps deploy testing to vendors as appropriate
- Follows product from inception through product launch from a manufacturing perspective, interacting with early users, understanding issues and needs, and advocating and driving appropriate responses across the organisation.
- Investigates and debugs manufacturing customer problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues. .
- Works with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues, and assist in outside testing services for regulatory compliance.
- Writes ECN's to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organisation, and coordinates implementation for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing operations.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, processes and procedures.
- Interacts with vendors and purchasing to resolve current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for capability, processes and quality standards.
- Develops "proof of principle" breadboard systems and conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Performs tolerance studies to assure form, fit and function of related parts and assemblies.
- Performs structural and thermal analysis and modelling of designs.
Qualifications / Experience
- Min of bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering (Masters desirable)
- Ten years of related knowledge and experience in the development and commercialisation of Instrumentation.
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills and likes to solve problems and work issues on the production floor as well as in the engineering lab
- Demonstrated understanding of electro-mechanical and optical systems, their control and manufacture
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills are required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Pro E
- Knowledge/experience in rapid prototyping
- Measurement equipment experience - CMM, shadow graph, etc.
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Knowledge in the field of spectroscopic instrumentation e.g. FT-IR, UV/Vis and/or thermal analysis instrumentation
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulated environments
- Familiarity with Product Life Cycle tools such as Agile
- Familiarity with optics as used in scientific instrumentation
- Experience in finite element analysis, Casting software
If this role sounds like you and you would like to know more then please give me a call today on or .