Mechanical Design Engineer
£36,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and innovative Mechanical Design Engineer, who would enjoy working on a broad range of projects, in an electronic design and manufacturing team.
Our client designs and manufactures a wide range of "RF over fibre" systems, which allow RF electrical signals to be transmitted over fibre optic cables. These are used in a diverse range of application including broadcast, satellite communication, test and instrumentation and military applications.
In this new role, you will have ownership of specific projects designing mechanical components and systems, which will also involve meeting with customers. You will be working on a portfolio of equipment including electronic devices and packing, external equipment cabinets and a wide range of supporting products.
Overall Mechanical Design Engineer responsibilities include:
- New product design/concept development
- Production/Industrial engineering
- Investigation of new materials and processes
- Sales support
- Full product file cycle and documentation
Mechanical Design Engineer Skills/ Experience
- You will need at least 3 years’ experience in: SolidWorks or a similar 3D Cad design software
- Electronic packaging and thermal analysis
- A solid understanding of grounding, shielding and EMC
- Packaging for indoor and outdoor use
- Electrical Safety and wiring design work
- Tolerance analysis
You should also have experience in at least some of the following:
- Sheet metal work
- Injection moulding
- Professional customer/supplier interface
- Sound understanding of operating under ISO9001:2008
- Experience working with optical components
- Experience working with power supplies
- Experience of housings for microwave frequency circuits
Knowledge of electronics/electro mechanical design would be a significant advantage.
In addition you should also enjoy working as a team and be able to add innovative and creative ideas to our Product Development Review process.
Mechanical Design Engineer Qualifications:
- BSc/HNC mechanical engineering or associated degree
Mechanical Design EngineerReports to:
- Engineering Manager
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Design Engineering
- Mechanical Design