About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
These challenging positions are to work as part of a small team in Dundee and with other facilities and suppliers in the design, evaluation, test and support of devices used in self-service products such as ATMs (Auto-Teller Machines for the Banking Industry). A key requirement is to have several years’ mechanical design experience with a keen interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems operating under S/W control.
- Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
- Lead mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc.
- Experience in the Design of Mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
- Proven track record delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
- Supplier engagement and change management
- Lead design validation via design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction CLCA
- Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Technology Expertise in the areas of:
- High speed, document feeding, transportation, sorting & stacking mechanisms.
- Autonomous, fault tolerant handling systems under the impact of climatic variations.
- Simulation/ FEA
- Design of Experiments
- Clearly understand documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment
- Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
- CAD (ProE or Solidworks preferred)
- A good understanding of mechanical drive systems
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Work with Suppliers throughout project lifecycle
NCR IN DUNDEE
Dundee is home to NCR’s innovation hub for financial self-service solutions. With functions from product management and marketing, software and hardware development through to manufacturing operations, finance and technical support, this 500 strong, integrated team, delivers NCR’s solutions to the global financial self-service market.
As a city, Dundee is experiencing one of the UK’s more extension regeneration projects and has much to discover with its vibrant art scene, a diverse array of attractions and a lively nightlife, making it an all-round city to work and play.
- Dundee was awarded UNESCO City of Design status in 2015. The prestigious title has seen Dundee join other UNESCO Cities of Design such as Montreal, Buenos Aires and Beijing and has become the first and only UK city to receive the award.
- The city has a beautiful collection of parks and open spaces, more hours of sunshine Blue Flag status beach and a multi-award-winning revamped city centre
- Dundee is within a short drive time of Scotland's most spectacular scenery and outdoor pursuits including sailing, hill-walking and ski-ing
- Dundee is at the heart of one of the best golfing regions in the world, with St Andrews, Carnoustie and Gleneagles all within a 30 minute drive.
- As part of a £1 billion Dundee Waterfront regeneration, the world's greatest museum of art and design, the Victoria and Albert Museum is constructing a new landmark building in Dundee. The £80m project occupies a prime site at the heart of the Dundee Waterfront.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job