Mechanical Design Engineer - Optics - Midlands O/TW35
Salary/ Benefits: Negotiable DOE
Job Term: Permanent
Our client, a well renown market leader in the manufacture and design of optical systems is now seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join an expanding team.
Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline the Mechanical Design Engineer will work across all aspects of mechanical design, from initial concept to the finished product. You will take responsibility for the design of both new products as well as seeing the improvement and upgrade of pre-existing merchandise.
Preferably you will be from a background working with similar precision complex mechanical assemblies, possibly photonics, optical systems, optical metrology, laser, optoelectronics or similar may be advantageous. Working across all engineering, design and manufacturing teams you should be a confident communicator in both written and oral means, whilst utilising good initiative and problem-solving skills.
In return, our client can offer and very competitive salary and opportunity to design world leading products for a company that is highly celebrated in the industry.
- You will hold an engineering degree or related discipline.
- You will have a good technical understanding of optical systems throughout the design process - previous experience designing optical systems is essential.
- You will be comfortable working across a range of teams and communicating effectively.
- You should be familiar with systems such as Solid Edge ST8.
- You should be familiar with preparing and conveying documentation to support product descriptions and manufacturing.
- You will need a good work ethic and initiative, both being happy to work alone or as part of a team.
Candidates Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Skills: Engineer, Graduate, Optics, Optical Systems, Mechanical Design, Development
- Mechanical Design
- Solid Edge
- Mechanical Assemblies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job