Mechanical Design Engineer required for our client, an engineering practice / consultancy with offices throughout the UK. This role is based from their London office.
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer / Building Services Design Engineer that will be tasked with creating mechanical designs for both new projects and upgrading existing projects from concept to final assembly.
Our client works across a number of different sectors and in turn you will work on a variety of different projects such as mixed use buildings, hospitals, healthcare premises, schools, commercial centres, data centres and defence.
It is expected that the Mechanical Design Engineer / Building Services Design Engineer will have a proven career history and background within the engineering sector and specifically mechanical engineering knowledge based on concept and detailed designs, specifications and the integration of mechanical services. You will also be confident with Building Services Engineering design frameworks and the governing industry standards such as BS, EN Regulations and BREEAM
Experience with the following software packages is also expected Hevacomp, CAD, Revit MEP, Navis.
Mechanical Design Engineer Overview
- Contributing to developing the design of engineering solutions and systems within the built environement, preparing plans, specifications and schedules.
- Create reports to support design concepts that show compliance with standards and best practice.
- Inspect installations reviewing progress, quality and performance.
Mechanical Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Previous experience at an engineering practice / engineering consultancy
- Software package knowledge: Hevacomp / CAD / Revit MEP
- Professionally qualifications such as a degree / HND in BSc / BEng(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering or similar,
- Member or Associate of Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) or IMech, IMech or similar
- A clear understanding of the design, installation, testing and commissioning of mechanical building services within the built environment.
Mechanical Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- £32,000 - £35,000
- Office based, working hours 9:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
- Pension - salary sacrifice 5% employee 3% employer
- 20 Days + Bank Holidays
Mileage paid for travel to sites when required at 40p per mile.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'