Subject : Maths Teacher
Key stages : 3, 4 and 5
Role : Contract
Location : North London
Start date : January
- To teach Maths to groups of students from all abilities across years 7 - 13.
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing theirprogress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour policy.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Maths Department and school.
- To work with colleagues in the Maths Department to formulate plans which have coherence
- To help develop Maths resources for the school
- To participate in Maths events such as trips and primary liaison.
ü You will have experience gained in the UK classroom
ü You will have excellent references
ü You will have a valid Enhanced DBS on the subscription service