Material Planner Engineering 6 month contract Daventry circa £27,168
Job Title: Material Planner
Salary: circa £27,168
Job Type: Contract - circa 6 months
We are currently looking for Material Planner for a large engineering company based in
This will be working within an engineering environment and engineering experience is required.
The position is working on a contract basis - circa 6 months
The successful candidate for this Material Planners role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring material is available for shop floor
- Coordinate new product introduction (NPI) and Value Package Introduction (VPI) planning of parts with engineering
- Support and coordinate resources within the existing and new suppliers
- Support the change process and ensure a smooth introduction
- Ensure parts are handed over to production material planning processes in a timely manner
- Manage new product launches with engineering and ensure material availability
- Liaise with suppliers for delivery of new parts, ensure correct lead times, batch quantities and safety stocks are in place
- Liaise with engineering support for effective control of phase out/phase in of old and new parts
- Raise deviations and manage parts under deviation
- Support NPI/VPI with data and communicate changes required through the process
- Co-ordinate new projects with engineering
- Take ownership of VPI project levels and maintain agreed inventory levels whilst supporting Engine/Genset builds
We would like someone with an understanding of ERP systems
An understanding of Generator Sets would be ideal
We are looking for candidates with at least 3 years Material Planning experience working within an engineering environment.
Candidates living within a 1 hours drive of Daventry will be considered in the first instance.
If you feel you are the right person for this role as a Material Planner and have the skills to do the job please click the "apply now" button to progress your application further.
For other similar jobs search our website. Rugby Recruitment have been finding jobs for engineers since 1988. If this position is not right for you don't hesitate to contact us for alternative roles. If you are a client and wish to obtain information on how we can aid in your engineering recruitment process, please telephone Bill Bates at Rugby Recruitment.
Rugby Recruitment Services Ltd
- Material Control