AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business with a primary focus on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines.
Our purpose as a company is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines and greater efficiency & innovation in healthcare.
As science moves forward, technology has to keep pace. AstraZeneca IT started a major global transformation program to create a world class IT organization, including radically reinventing the current IT operating model and organization design; supplier ecosystem optimization and insourcing; establishment of a network of global Technology Centers; significant Infrastructure and Technology transformation; cultural change and risk management.
A key part of this transformation program has been recently deploying Reltio’s Master Data Management platform to 30,000+ users in 67 markets to improve salesforce productivity and effectiveness.
We are now looking for a Reltio MDM Architect to further exploit the Reltio platform into other Master Data Domains, further enrich Master Data and enable the greater Information Management agenda of the organization.
The Reltio COE Architectwill have the following primary responsibilities:
- Serve as an internal consultant and Reltio expert for IT and business partners across all business areas (Commercial, Medical, R&D)
- Evaluate the applicability of new technologies / application features and make recommendations for technology and business strategic roadmaps
- Lead build, test, and deploy activities of key Reltio platform initiatives
- Lead / Influence Reltio’s Product Release Roadmap against AstraZeneca’s interests from the product
- Help refine business requirements, set priorities, manage expectations, resolve issues, and work with the other members of the technical team to deliver innovative solutions.
- Identify and monitor interdependencies between various program or project work streams
- Demonstrate expert understanding of the application development processes of AstraZeneca’s implementation of the product.
- Implement industry best practices for managing MDM systems.
- Create project deliverables and standards (e.g., including process standards)
- Help develop and grow an Application Development team in support of AstraZeneca’s IT insourcing strategy
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the MDM Functional Leads, Market business leaders to lead the delivery of innovation services
- Work together with the Reltio Platform Leads to support market innovation projects
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our clients in partnering on market capabilities strategic roadmap initiatives
- Collaborate with Core Architects at Reltio to build and improve best MDM practices and to aggregate common capabilities demand that drive cost-effective platform enhancements
- Continually improve the end to end market engagement strategy to shorten the cycle time between emerging market business needs and delivered platform capabilities
- Provide technical leadership within market delivery projects implemented through 3rd party suppliers.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degree level education in computer science or similar
- Considerbale time spent in an architect-level role
- Extensive direct hands-on experience working within MDM (e.g. Informatica, SAP) and/or Reltio in a technical role
- In-depth knowledge of technologies (JSON, JAVA, SOAP, REST, JSON, SOQL, Python, AWS, HIVE)
- Ability to execute advanced configuration and customization of a cloud platform
- A broad understanding of cloud architecture
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Proven experience of developing and managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Proficiency and working knowledge of commercial / medical business functions and understanding of the pharmaceutical market
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Prior significant experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment
- Project management certification is preferred
- Veeva and/or Salesforce.com Admin Certification
- Reltio Certification
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job