Marketing Manager Job Specification
This role is for a pioneering software platform that integrates lab equipment, while making lab automation easy to program to carry out sophisticated workflows. This unlocks the power of the equipment in the lab, enabling dramatically increased throughput and generating highly structured datasets with full traceability. This delivers both service innovation and competitive differentiation.
We are an interdisciplinary team of computer scientists, biologists, mathematicians, and bioprocess engineers, pioneering transformative ways of working digitally in biology. We are backed by world class investors and a growing collection of partners working on the software, hardware, protocols and reagents it will take to truly unlock biology's potential.
We have been recognised for our transformative potential by the World Economic Forum, who have awarded the company Technology Pioneer status, and our open source language is in use by a rapidly growing group of Pharmaceutical (MSD, GSK, Fujifilm Diosynth), as well as new entrants to the space (Microsoft) and technical consultancies (Cambridge Consultants).
About the position:
We are engaged in building a platform to transform the way biology is explored. We’re moving biology from manual processes with pipettes and excel spreadsheets to reproducible automated experimentation, traced samples, structured datasets and cutting-edge data analysis and AI. This is a highly collaborative effort between software developers and engineers, lab-based biologists and engineers, mathematicians, bioinformaticians, designers and our growing list of partners in the bioscience industry.
We are looking to expand our world-class team. While you need to be a B2B marketing professional, your specific domain is less relevant than your intelligence, adaptability, communication skills, teamworking and work ethic.
The roll will often be customer-facing, so a willingness and ability to communicate effectively in technical, multidisciplinary situations is essential. Our main current target market is the pharmaceutical sector, so relevant experience is a plus.
We have multiple roles available and are open to a range of experience levels, but at least degree level or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Report directly to the CCO
- Work closely with the Sales and Business teams
- Office and travel based role
Role and Responsibilities:
- The implementation of a marketing plan to acquire new clients and achieve revenue growth from existing clients and partners
- Delivery of digital marketing campaigns across the sales funnel using a wide range of digital marketing channels (including email, social media, paid search and remarketing)
- Developing campaigns to capture and nurture prospects to provide Sales with a pipeline of qualified prospects across all channels (including in-person events)
- Producing reporting to both identify Sales-ready prospects and to demonstrate the effectiveness of different marketing channels
- Optimising the company's website
- Ensuring the company has the right marketing technologies to achieve its objectives
- Development of content to support marketing activity
- Manage and develop our brand across all channels
- Input to the marketing budget
- Represent the company at all times in a professional manner
- Communicate clearly internally and externally
- Experience in building successful marketing strategies and propositions
- Experience in planning and executing of campaigns across the following channels:
- Email (experience of HubSpot beneficial)
- Organic search
- Paid search and remarketing (Google AdWords)
- Social media (including paid promotion)
- Ability to understand customer data and translate information into actionable insights
- Understanding of target audiences and use of CRM systems
- Web Analytics tools and best practice (Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager)
- Full measurement of multi-channel activity and reporting on ROI
- Website management (CMS) and working with agencies
- Content development (copywriting and image manipulation)
- Experience of webinar and event management software
- Budget management
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Ability to thrive in change
- Basic Salary ~£50-65k plus £5-10k performance related bonus
- Benefits - Health, Pension, Stock Options
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Web Analytics
- Paid Search