My client have an exciting opportunity for a marketing assistant. It is a varied role assiting with marketing accross several offices.
Support the marketing manager to deliver marketing and BD objectives for offices in the region, whilst also ensuring that activities are coordinated with other offices and support the firm’s marketing plan. Help build the brand locally in line with corporate brand guidelines, and assist the marketing manager in delivering office and regional marketing, events and BD programmes to a high standard, in line with the firm’s goals and with attention to ROI.
North Thames region - dividing time across Amersham, Hertford and Southend offices, with occasional travel to other offices as required.
The post-holder will support the marketing manager to provide marketing support for three offices in the North Thames region, liaising with all Partners in the offices. They will be a member of the marketing team and will report to the marketing manager.
- Help to develop and deliver office and region marketing and business development plan
- Attend office marketing meetings, provide suggestions for local marketing and BD plan, and help as required in preparing the local marketing budget.
- Help to deliver local e-shots/mailings in accordance with brand guidelines, help create mailing lists and, where necessary, ensure that partners review and approve recipients.
- Under direction of the marketing manager, book local advertising and sponsorship in accordance with office/regional marketing plan.
- Ensure that all local advertising and promotion complies with firm’s brand guidelines.
- Where appropriate, help build office profile by helping to maximise local PR opportunities and work with central marketing to secure media coverage.
- Check brochures and merchandise in offices and liaise with central marketing to ensure availability of correctly branded material in office receptions and for local events.
- Work with suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Any other duties as required to deliver marketing programmes.
- Assist with delivery of office, regional and sector events programme Design invites in accordance with brand guidelines, and help with content and sign-off.
- Create mailing lists, issue invitations, monitor responses, confirm bookings and issue joining instructions to delegates.
- Help maintain attendee list, advise partners of attendee numbers and chase-up responses as necessary to ensure adequate attendance.
- Visit venues to check suitability for event, book venue and catering, set-up event, print badges and ensure relevant marketing material is available on the day.
- Ensure the provision of event collateral, banners, projectors as appropriate.
- Liaise with third party suppliers as necessary, working to the agreed budget.
- Assist the marketing manager and partners regarding support for events, attending where necessary. Provide hands-on support to ensure smooth running of event, manage set-up, welcome guests, manage catering and tidy up.
- Issue feedback questionnaire and contribute to post-event review to establish areas for improvement for future events.
- Work closely with other marketing colleagues to share information and details of events.
- Provide business development and bid support to partners and managers
- Help marketing manager and partners with production of proposal documents where required.
- Research local target companies for marketing communication and BD activity.
- Help the office to manage business relationships with local organisations such as chambers of commerce, academic institutions and enterprise hubs.
Candidates will need to have a driving licence and use of a vehicle as travel throughout the region will be required.