Opportunity for a manufacturing engineering manager, join a business that has historically achieved greater than 20% yearly growth!
The hiring company are a global organisation that have four international subsidiaries, their culture is friendly, and they enjoy very low staff turnover rates. The business has gained an enviable reputation for being a stable, considerate employer with excellent career development opportunities.
The manufacturing engineering manager will lead manufacturing engineering projects throughout the business, improving quality standards, efficiency, and fulfilment reliability. You will have overall responsibility for developing and operating manufacturing support services, including production engineering, NPI handover, and continuous improvement. You will play a vital role in implementing processes and procedures to deliver on the company's overall plan to achieve future growth and meet key improvement metrics in quality, delivery, cost, and health & safety.
Manufacturing engineering manager responsibilities will include:
Manufacturing / production engineering and new product introduction (NPI) handover
- Leading the production engineering function and supporting NPI handover delivery to the production team, through robust project management, ensuring that process documentation, training, test specifications, and quality control checks are implemented at the point of handover.
- Routinely auditing existing product manufacture to ensure manufacturing instructions, training processes and supporting documentation remains current.
- Supporting production engineering improvement efforts and implementing changes in a robust and traceable fashion.
- Working alongside production and engineering teams on design for manufacture activities, maintaining and developing networks and industry contacts to keep knowledge up to date and introducing new techniques.
- Supporting the business units in developing and communicating new project concepts leading to steering committee approval and NPI.
Contribution to the senior leadership team
- Developing close positive working relationships with peers and managers across the business.
- Recognising and rapidly communicating business disruption events, e.g. escalated quality issues or other sensitive matters.
- Delivering clear and robust KPI each month for direct review by the senior team.
- Contributing to senior team discussions regarding the future strategy and growth potential to ensure that fulfilment capability matches the broader company goals and targets.
- Fostering and supporting stakeholder meetings between the manufacturing services teams and across other departments as necessary, ensuring open and efficient communications.
- When required, support ad-hoc lead projects in the production and engineering environments.
To be successful in your application for the manufacturing engineering manager position, you will need
- Extensive production / manufacturing engineering experience gained in a complex assembly-based manufacturing environment.
- Excellent project management abilities
- Strong people leadership skills.
- A proven track record of continuous improvement and successful new product introduction.
In return, the manufacturing engineering managerwill receive a salary of £40,000 - £50,000, highly dependent on experience plus a discretionary bonus, twenty-four days holidays + bank holidays, cash healthcare plan, pension and sickness pay.
This manufacturing engineering manager position could be suited to a production engineering manager, engineering manager, process engineering manager, new product introduction manager, manufacturing manager, project manager etc
To submit your application for this manufacturing / production engineering manager position, please click apply!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
- project managment
- engineering manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'