Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Based in Cwmbran, Wales
As a manufacturing engineer you will be working for a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems on board commercial, regional and business aircraft; also a key player in air safety.
Synopsis for Manufacturing engineer
To develop processes utilizing analytical tools & techniques to enable products to be assembled in-line with our clients production methods and SQCDP targets. The role also includes working with the NPI team in order to implement new products into production.
Main tasks for Manufacturing Engineer:
- Responsible for daily engineering support to the various MU value streams - including prompt problem solving solutions with a view to establishing permanent corrective actions that eliminate process waste and other Non-Value added activities.
- In conjunction with above, negotiating and raising inter-departmental change requests such as minor rework, concessions, permits, ADCN’s and ECR’s.
- Responsible for ongoing item data management and validation of production bills of materials (BOM’s) and process routings via the business ERP system - BaaN.
- Generating and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to improve operator safety, productivity and product quality.
- Responsible for line layout design / improvements that will support safe, efficient and ergonomically sound working practices
- Identifying the requirements for jigs, fixtures and tooling (JFT’s) to support safe, efficient and quality manufacturing practices.
- Facilitating continuous improvement / problem solving workshops - requiring a working knowledge of 8D and FMEA methodologies to support problem solving activities - resulting in commercial benefits to the business.
- Reporting - Regular and timely reporting of project progress to the department and project teams in line with current KPI’s.
- Regulatory - All Internal and external statutory and regulatory conditions are being met
- Lean - Demonstrated experience ideally trained to Green belt or above
- SHE - The required Safety, Health, Environmental & Ergonomic standards are being achieved Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the role.
- HNC or an indentured apprenticeship in an engineering discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Strong manufacturing engineering background.
- Previous experience of MRP / ERP business systems.
- Experience of working with analytical design tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of multi level bill of material systems is essential to the role.
- Degree in engineering discipline.
- Experience of using Catia V5 and Smarteam Lean Manufacturing and the application of continuous improvement techniques
Skills, Competencies and personal attributes
Ability to communicate within all levels of the Organizational structure, with the confidence to work effectively in a challenging environment.
In return our client offers training and progression plus a great benefits package.
Please call for immediate interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job