This independent firm of Chartered Accountants currently has a rare and exciting opportunity for an ACA or ACCA Qualified to join them as a Manager. You will report directly to the Partners and enjoy an autonomous role which will involve plenty of direct client interaction. You will also be responsible for reviewing the work of junior members of staff as well as developing their technical skills.
The Partners are very keen to speak to ambitious individuals who would ultimately seek further promotion within the firm over the next couple of years.
- To cost effectively manage all aspects of your client portfolio including the accounting and tax affairs of the related parties within agreed budgets and timescales
- Effective communication with clients to ensure they are fully appraised of their affairs at all times
- Meeting statutory deadlines
- Meeting billing targets
- Developing tax planning opportunities and other services
- The recruitment and development of team members
- Working with a wide variety of clients and performing general accounts preparation work, auditing, corporation tax returns, HMRC queries
- Project work including management accounts, profit and cash flow forecasting, valuations and due diligence work
- Tax returns for business clients
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Managing budgets and WIP
- Identifying business opportunities for the firm
- Training and developing staff
An ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant with strong technical skills and commercial acumen. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also essential.
A 37.5 hour working week, although there is flexible working hours. Free parking, 25 days holiday and potential to qualify for a generous employee bonus scheme.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.
- Due Diligence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job