Gi Group currently have an exciting role within the Maintenance team at our prestigious client.
As a Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for the continuous running of all equipment and machinery. You will report to the Operations Manager and work alongside the Maintenance Supervisor. Types of machinery you will be working with are CNC machines, PLC's etc. experience with this equipment is ideal.
Your role and responsibilities are below;
* To carry out scheduled preventative and breakdown maintenance tasks.
* To carry out vacuum leak detection and leak rate testing
* To become familiar with machine operations, both CNC and PLC
* To maintain spare part stock levels
* To check calibration status of instruments and gauges
* To liaise with the Maintenance Supervisor and Operations Manager on improvement initiatives for Company equipment.
* To complete maintenance logs.
* To provide maintenance cover during weekend production periods as required.
* To work closely with Engineering and Production to schedule maintenance activities, to reduce down time and improve quality.
* To carry out maintenance in support of general maintenance activities within the Company.
* To ensure that all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with health and safety requirements, to include general and personal risk assessments.
* To follow Company health and safety guidelines and safety instruction of equipment and risk assessments.
* To follow the quality procedures of the Company where applicable.
Education and experience required;
* Minimum requirement is college qualification (e.g. City Guilds, BTEC, NVQ or minimum 3 years of practical experience within a similar role)
* Qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering
* At least relevant experience as e.g. Maintenance Technician, Shift Engineer, Electro-Mechanical Engineer
* Experience in related industry
* Up to date and familiar with CNC and PLC machine operations
* Electrical experience desirable, but not essential
* Practical and technical skills
* Ability to work quickly and under pressure
* Awareness of health and safety legislation
* Flexibility with regards to working during weekends is required
Please apply via CV or call the office on
Right4Staff is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job