Our client is a growing Facilities Management company based in Swindon. Our client is looking to add a Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative to their team in order to service our customers growing needs. Jobs will range from general maintenance to investigating electrical and plumbing related issues, amongst other things. Van and uniform supplied.
As a Maintenance Operative you will carry out general repairs, deal with emergencies, as well as carry out preventative maintenance.
Reporting directly to the Owner, you will work together to meet the agreed maintenance deadlines as well as company service level agreements and provide regular updates on your progress.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance on client sites within set target times and in keeping with SLAs
- Completing annual PAT Testing (Training will be given)
- Ensuring a safe working environment while works are being carried out to minimise client disruption.
- Assisting with the supervision of subcontractors where necessary, monitoring their progress and works carried out.
- Taking ownership of all reactive and planned maintenance works and providing regular progress updates to the Facilities team, highlighting any new findings and what remedial action needs to be taken.
- Carry out additional handyman tasks; decorating, painting, floor tiling, lighting maintenance, furniture assembly
- Supporting client offices with office furniture and desk moves across departments.
- Overseeing and maintaining equipment/materials and parts needed for maintenance work and ordering stock when necessary.
- Building strong working relationships with Suppliers and Office teams as well as external contractors
- Providing clear and concise reporting on maintenance progress across the business
- Sending out internal communication to the business regarding maintenance issues and updates.
- Must be willing to be contactable outside of core business hours - within reason
- On occasions (rarely) this role will involve works to be carried out outside normal working hours
Maintenance Operative candidate requirements:
- Proven track record in a similar role or within construction
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a wider team
- Happy to travel to multi-site locations, therefore must possess a full clean UK driving licence
- Have an excellent knowledge of general maintenance
- Experienced problem solver
- The ideal candidate will have electrical experience and a good knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, as well as general maintenance tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 18,500.00 to 20,000 per annum
Other: Company Vehicle and pension