Westray Recruitment Consultants is working with a large charity organisation to source a Maintenance Officer. The main responsibilities of this position will involve carrying out general maintenance duties as well as managing contractors and cleaning staff.
- To carry out day to day maintenance tasks including joinery, plumbing, painting etc. and report defects to Facilities Manager.
- Manage contractors and service providers.
- Assist in the safety and security of schools, residential and other buildings.
- Liaise with staff, service providers and visitors on issues in a professional manner.
- Carry out tests and inspections on equipment/premises and record results.
- Be On-Call for emergencies, liaising with Services and reporting to Senior Managers as required.
- Manage, undertake repairs and as required oversee external contractors for day to day maintenance.
- Carry out the organisation and adaptation of equipment for classrooms.
- Maintain the grounds to a high standard and delegate specific tasks to contractors in liaison with the facilities Manager.
- Undertake daily Hydrotherapy Pool maintenance duties.
- Adhere to and promote the organisation`s Health, Safety and Welfare policy at all times
- Contribute to the professional development of other staff, including the induction of new staff.
- Participate in arrangements for the performance development review process and further training.
- Confidently drive the company`s minibuses.
- Candidates must possess a full clean driving licence, including Categories D1/D1E.
- Ideally have experience of undertaking a variety of health and safety compliance tests.
- Preferably experience of working in an educational environment.
- Hold a NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in a building trade such as Plumbing, Electrical, Joinery Work, Painting and Decorating or Health and Safety.
- Experience of carrying out routine day to day maintenance and repair duties to premises.
- Experience of supervising contractors and other external service providers.
- Have obtained a specific maintenance skill i.e. joinery, plumbing, electrical, grounds maintenance or decoration.
- The ability to monitor and manage work carried out by external contractors.
- The ability to supervise, motivate and mentor other work colleagues.
- Preferable experience of gardening and landscaping work.
- The ability to produce reports using Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- A flexible approach to work with a teamwork ethic.
- A highly professional, positive and confident manner.
- Ability to prioritise work and tasks efficiently.
- This position is paying a salary between £16,000 and £17,700.
TYPE OF ROLE
- This role is full time and will require working 5 days/evenings from 7 on a rota system working 37 hours per week.
THE POINT OF CONTACT
For more information on this role please contact Liam Hall.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job