Are you a Mechanically OR Electrically-biased Engineer looking for a busy, varied and challenging Maintenance role? Opportunity to join a welcoming and supportive maintenance team, who work together as a tight-knit group. Competitive employee benefits and very competitive salary at £37,500. If you have proven Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance experience in a high speed production/ food manufacturing environment, this role could be for you!
The Job Role:
- While gaining deeper understanding of equipment, plant and process, must ensure that this knowledge is captured and shared across shift engineers and operators.
- To ensure effective, efficient and timely response to plant breakdowns. Supporting the Engineering Manager in maintaining and improving standards on site, the Shift Engineer will be expected to actively promote safe working practises and ensure equipment is working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- With the first line management team establish clear objectives and priorities to enable manufacturing to meet operational targets.
- Gather and use data to analyse losses on equipment and take steps to reduce it.
- Carry out site maintenance activities and ensure GMP standards are reached.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating and improving the planned maintenance system and ensuring work planned and progressed.
- Updating of plant parameters/set points etc. as per site procedures.
- Ensure that plant and equipment perform to manufacture product efficiently to high quality standards.
Experience / Requirements:
- NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Time served in Mechanical or electrical discipline is preferred
- Must have at least 2 years experience as a multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong Health and Safety Awareness.
- Employees who are willing to undertake training and development to achieve relevant qualification will be considered.
- A salary of £37,500 per annum
- 25 Days holiday provision
- Contributory pension scheme
- Occupational sick pay (after qualifying period)
- Free parking and onsite facilities
If you are currently a Mechanically or Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer and are looking for your next challenge then please apply today!