Are you looking for a new role as a Machine Maintenance Engineer? Interested in providing a safety conscious electrical, mechanical installation, maintenance and repair service for all production machinery equipment on a timely basis? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!
The Machine Maintenance Engineer will identify improvement opportunities within the Maintenance Department. This is an exciting permanent position with a manufacturing business. The role is to cover 37.5 hours per week. You will need to be willing to work flexible shift patterns. You will be entitled to 33 days holiday, access to a group personal pension plan, life assurance, sick, and a on site subsidised restaurant.
- To plan and implement a preventative maintenance schedule which minimises downtime.
- Carry out maintenance in accordance with the schedule.
- Analyse the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance schedule and make amendments as necessary.
- Carry out breakdown repairs as required, engaging contractors' and external service Engineers as necessary.
- Carry out safety related activities as a first priority and to ensure all machine guards and safety devices are fitted and working in accordance with regulations.
- Source, negotiate discounts, delivery dates, purchase parts, consumables to maintain machinery and stock requirements and arrange delivery for arrival just prior to the planned PMS's.
- To record data relating to incidents, actions and downtime on the maintenance database in a timely manner, and to record relevant breakdown information onto the Machine Breakdown Report sheets.
- To liaise with department personnel when they approach with a maintenance/repair need and advise of schedule for action and conflicts of priority.
- To participate in the installation of new machinery, working with installation engineers to gain a working knowledge of the equipment as soon as possible.
- To ensure safe working practice by working within the Company Health and Safety Procedures and the Maintenance ' Permit to Work ' guidelines.
- To identify improvement opportunities within the Maintenance Department and be active in there implementation.
- To maintain and improve the 5S level within the department.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to create Servicing Work Instructions
- Ability to create PMS Work Instructions
- GCSEs including Mathematics grade C or above and English
- City and Guilds certificate, ONC or HNC in Engineering
- Ability to read machine assembly drawings
- Ability to read machine electrical installation drawings
- Working as electrician/installer or mechanical engineer
- 3 years as a Maintenance Engineer including knowledge of CNC machine tools
- Good computer skill and knowledge and use of Word and Excel
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job