Location: Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 4DA.
Salary: £6.50 per hour.
Contract: Full time, permanent. Basic hours of work will be 7.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Hayley 24/7 Engineering, the fast and effective mechanical engineering solutions provider to all industry sectors.
We are now recruiting for Fitting / Engineering Apprentices to provide support to the machine shop department by producing goods and parts from raw materials, using such processes such as welding, pressing, and machining. This includes the setting up of machinery and basic programming.
• Involvement of day-to-day workshop in relation to quality, H&S and environmental activities.
• Interpret engineering data and documentation such as engineering drawings, technical data, and computer-generated programs.
• Set up, operate and adjust/edit equipment settings as applicable to the machine tool being used.
• When using CNC equipment, to be able to produce, prove and /or edit programmes.
• During and on completion of the machining process be able to measure and check the components produced and adjust the equipment/program to ensure the components meet the required specification.
• Eventually to be able to work minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work you undertake.
• Be pro-active in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business.
• The list of main duties is not exhaustive. Additional duties may be added to this role with potential scope for further development within this busy team for the right candidate. Where a reasonable amendment to the main responsibilities of the role is necessary, you will be expected to undertake these additional duties as required for the successful completion of job.
What we need from you:
• GCSE or equivalent
• Be able to use mathematical techniques, to understand the machining and manufacturing processes, such as speeds and feeds, calculating angles/tapers, material removal.
• Understand the practical and theoretical uses of the machines and their applications.
• Understand the structure, properties and characteristics of common materials used in the manufacture of machined components.
• Health & safety, environmental or quality training would an advantage but not essential.
• Ability to work to instruction and on own initiative.
• Obtain, check, and use the appropriate documentation. (Such as job instructions, drawings, QC documentations)
• Understand the typical problems that can occur during the machining process and how they can be resolved.
• Selecting and using a range of measuring and testing equipment to check components are to the required quality and accuracy.
• Read and interpret engineering data: read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Specifications and computer-generated information to determine what has to be produced and to what specification.
If you feel you have the skills to be successful in this role then click “Apply” today!
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'