Looking to recruit a Machine Setter/Operator with experience in the production of components to specified limits.
• Take full charge of Traub’s, Wickman’s, cold forging machines and other machines and department equipment
• Full responsibility for production of components to specified limits
• Ensure lubrication is carried out as per requirements
• Material delivery unloading and inspection
• Loading material on machines
• Machine maintenance on Traub’s, Wickman’s and cold forging machines and other department equipment
• Swarf removal and spinning.
• Keep machines and surrounding areas clean
• Assist with checking and weighing finished products
• Set and run Wickman multi-spindle autos as and when required.
• Set and run Traub single spindle machines as and when required.
• Set and run Cold Forging machines as and when required.
• Re-sharpen and resetting of tooling
• Inspect components produced
• Maintain and keep adequate level of machine and tool spares for Traub’s, Wickman’s and Cold forging machines.
• Discover training need and provide job training and coaching
• Recognise and praise high performance and encourage feedback
• Carry out and record probation reviews monthly
• Carry out Job Reviews on AFD staff
• Understanding of production procedures
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Physical stamina and strength
• Good standard of spoken and written English
• Ensure written and verbal processes in place are followed
• Demonstrate a positive approach and identify potential risks and opportunities
• Take action in a timely manner to protect profit targets
• Ensure that all assets under his/her control, fixtures, fittings and equipment are maintained in good order
This Job Description is not exhaustive and may change from time to time to reflect the needs of the business. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post holder and Line Manager.
Company Safe Systems of Work must be observed and followed at all times. This includes maintaining standards of personal hygiene, and wearing of uniform (where issued) and constant use of PPE where necessary.
All Company Health & Safety policies and rules must be observed. You are responsible for ensuring that you do not put yourself or others at risk by your actions; you must report any hazards to your supervisor immediately.
The working environment includes pallet and fork lift truck movements; care must be taken at all times
Take care when lifting or manual handling. Ensure you follow all Safe Working Practices and information communicated during your induction process
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'