M&E Quantity Surveyor - ESSEX
An opportunity has just become available with a leading M&E contractor in Essex! They are seeking someone to come into the business at an intermediate level. The ideal candidate will have experience working on residential projects up to £10 million.
Projects sector are currently high rise residential including the Energy Centres and Infrastructure
Mechanically, Service & Maintenance and Aftercare. The future view is to move into Commercial, Education, Leisure, Healthcare, High End Residential.
The role will need a strong people person with the ability to influence change and culture. You will be commercially aware and will be capable of running projects with assistance from Managing Quantity Surveyor. The role will offer you the opportunity to join a stable business who are growing through hard work and strong client relationships.
Please see below the purpose of the job and some key responsibilities
- To ensure commercial aspects of the business are protected and well managed & enhance the overall service received by the client and value of the business.
- To ensure that the business remains competitive through professional and controlled management of the projects, costing, cash flow and management of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Working with the Buying department to maintain the high standard of installation and quality of materials to meet the specified requirements.
- Overseeing and Responsible for Financial reports together with the Commercial Manager.
- Producing monthly application/valuation including variation breakdowns and negotiation of final accounts.
- Overseeing of Sub-contract accounts, including negotiation of variation accounts, preparing and issuing payment certificates and final accounts.
- Liaising and supporting the accounts functions, negotiating of Supplier and Sub-contract accounts, including variation accounts.
- Reviewing of ALL Client contracts and highlighting risks and variances to our Tender submission ready for Director review and signoff.
The ideal candidate will have the following
- You will also have a degree/qualifications in a Commercial or Business related discipline is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Accounting or QS background desirable; Computer literate; Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- You will have a proven Commercial/QS background, holding a similar position with an established M&E Contractor
Please get in touch with Lily George on if you'd like to hear more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job