University in Hampshire looking for Mechanical Project Manager to join their Estates Department
A University in Hampshire are looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to join their Estates Department.
The main functions of the job are to provide professional and technical services on all M&E related matters within the Property Team.
You will manage term and project contractors in the delivery of M&E works. You will be analysing and appraising designs for building services undertaken by external consultants.
Main Activities (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Responsibility for ensuring the University's requirements for M&E (including lifts and HVAC plant) maintenance, servicing and projects for renewal and capital investment are efficiently managed and delivered.
- Developing and maintaining a rolling programme of planned preventative maintenance for M&E plant and the compilation and update the Planned Maintenance database with programmed works and associated budget costs as required for the Asset Management Plan.
- Administration of contracts relating to the delivery of M&E, building works, maintenance, responsive repair and servicing including mechanical and electrical services. Liaising with external consultants for the preparation of design drawings, specifications and pre-tender safety plans for these works and services.
- Providing an intelligent client function by analysing and commenting on designs for building services submitted by external consultants on wider development projects.
- Attendance and input into maintenance management meetings with client departments within the council, external service providers and leaseholders to ensure the maintenance regime is appropriate and fits the service delivery needs and that best value is being achieved from contractors.
- Undertaking sample checking of the responsive repairs, maintenance and servicing contractors to ensure works are correctly carried out and invoiced costs are in accordance with instructions and contract service level agreements.
- Preparation of tender documents and inviting tenders/quotations for M&E elements on projects and to perform all associated evaluation, commissioning, contract administration and project management duties.
- Monitoring of all statutory compliance issues related to M&E installations and ensuring that appropriate mechanisms are in place to ensure these duties are effectively managed.
You will be able to work in the UK without objection.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job