Job Title: Logistics Executive / Shipping Coordinator / Import Export Administrator
Salary: £19055 - £25750
Location: Hassocks - own transport essential due to location
Hours: 4 days on / 4 days off rolling shift pattern, 07:00 to 19:00
Benefits: Workplace Pension, 20 days + BH increasing with length of service, BUPA healthcare (after probation), parking, impressive social events, monthly breakfast club, loads of progression opportunity, salary reviews
We're delighted to be working with a leading global aircraft component service provider in their search for a Logistics Executive / Shipping Coordinator / Import Export Administrator to join their team due to Company growth. This is an integral role to the wider business and would suit someone who has some logistics and shipping experience under their belt who is looking for a role in a forward-thinking company with huge progression opportunity.
In this role you will be working as part of the logistics team ensuring all shipments are handled in accordance to Company procedures meet the required operational standards and that a high quality of service is delivered to all customers and departments. The Logistics Executive / Shipping Coordinator / Import Export Administrator is required to recognise and react to the urgency of customer orders and to process all shipments to and from global customers and suppliers.
The company prides themselves on selecting the best candidates to provide a positive working environment and offer great training opportunities, outstanding career progression routes and a number of social events to get involved with.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Recognise and react to the urgency of customer orders including AOG, IOR, and routine shipments
- To process all shipments to and from global customers and suppliers
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers and suppliers
- Answer and make telephone calls with a confident and polite manner
- Negotiate cost effective shipment methods when required
- Recognise and organise hazardous and heavyweight shipments in accordance with shipping constraints/ gain best price quotes for hazardous and heavyweight shipments
- Adhere to all import and export procedures and controls with knowledge of Export Control Legislation
- Obtain relevant shipment details to complete paperwork requirements
- Ensure accurate paperwork completion as per customers and country specific requirements
- Resolve difficult queries with commitment that the best solution was adopted and delivered
- Guarantee all turnaround times are achieved /high quality service levels are delivered
- Monitor shipments ensuring they are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements
- Assist with knowledge sharing and development of Logistic Administrators
- Process and update IT systems with all required information
- Run multiple reports, analyse and collate reporting information
- Liaise and coordinate with internal departments as and when required
- Assist the Logistics Department with all other tasks/administration as requested
- Minimum 1 years' Logistics/Shipping experience preferably gained in an aviation environment
- Essential A-levels A-C, a university degree or similar level qualification desirable
- Knowledge of Export and Import procedures and controls
- Passion to develop in depth knowledge and skills within Logistics
- Proactive, self-motivated and driven to succeed in a busy environment
- Strong problem solving ability
- Analytical thinker with experience of producing and evaluating reports
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to work in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments
- Professional and confident telephone skills
- Strong organisation, time management and excellent administration skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with some experience with Quantum and web-based Aircraft parts databases highly advantageous
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'