Reporting directly to the Freight Operations Supervisor who is based on the IOM, you will be responsible for the on-site customer liaisons of a busy day to day Haulage Operation based in Kirkby.
You will be responsible to ensure supply chain issues are monitored and that you are in the driving seat of making changes to the Distribution plan which will sometimes be under pressure. You must be able to weigh up the best approach and calculate the effect it will have on cost V performance before making the decision.
You will be expected to have an insight into any disruption, planning or volumes issues that could cause a potential issue with the logistics network. You will be expected to communicate and escalate issues within the team and represent our company with professionalism and dedication.
Your main areas of responsibility are:
- Attending and obtaining information in respect of stock disruption.
- Communicating issues to the operation team in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitoring subcontractors on site and ensuring that they report correctly, have the correct paperwork, obtain the correct load and leave in a timely manner to ensure successful delivery.
- Update system that confirms subcontractor & our client have left site.
- Complete incident and accident report for Subcontractor on site issues.
- You will be responsible for all subcontractors and our clients drivers that are on site on a day to day basis.
- You will be responsible to co-ordinate with customer on site and ensure the product paperwork is up to date.
- Your hours of work are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday but you must be flexible in your approach as you may need to work before or after these hours to attend or address issues.
- You must have a full clean driving licence; have access to a vehicle that will permit you to travel between Formby and Kirkby as and when required.
- You will attend to any supply chain issues that are highlighted by the customer as a priority.
- Confidence when dealing with customers.
- Mature Customer service and Logistics experience essential.
- Hardworking and conscientious
- Have desire and appetite to work with the customer on a face to face basis.
- Maintain control and stay calm when under pressure.
- Effective communication skills and ability to deal with warehouse, production team and Management up to and including Director Level.
- Healthy with no pre-existing medical issues that require time off between March and July
- Have no holidays booked between March and July.
25k per annum with fuel expenses for company mileage
50 standard contracted hours per week Monday to Friday.
Additional hours will be awarded under the company policy unless agreed in advance with Management