Change Recruitment are currently partnering with a leading UK Public Sector organisation to support with the recruitment of a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work with the Technical Systems team and the Senior Linux Systems Administrator to implement elements of the defined strategic roadmap for Linux and related systems. You will have specific responsibility to support the development of the Core Data Platform (CDP) which is being developed as a fundamental component of realising the organisations vision. The CDP is being built on a Hadoop technology stack including HDFS, Spark, HBase, Hive etc. for data storage and processing.
The purpose of this job is to ensure that CDP system deployments, and associated infrastructure and environments (including development, test and production environments), conform to quality assurance, security, architectural and system-specific requirements, and meet agreed measures for availability and performance, as well as adhering to the technical strategy. This will include delivering continuous improvement to these environments as the CDP evolves.
In addition to the CDP, the successful candidate will support the organisations growing Linux estate and ensure that, alongside the Senior Linux Systems Administrator, the estate is developed and deployed in line with the organisations technical roadmap as defined by the Technical Systems Manager.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- System administration; day to day administration of production and other systems, including health and identification of technical debt as well as system build and automation
- System support; liaise with departments to implement infrastructure changes and support ongoing changes to environments. The post holder will also be expected to act as third-line support and respond to incidents reported by users of the system.
- System maintenance; maintain the continuous deployment code base and system automated builds and ensure that build, deployment and testing of all system components is reproducible through automated processes.
- System reporting; reporting of running costs for environments and ongoing improvements to reporting mechanisms
- System releases; administer the release process, including reporting on the releases to the Product Owner and Programme Management
- Schedule infrastructure maintenance - routine application of updates and patches to servers at times of low demand. This will usually be carried out outside of standard working hours.
In return our client is offering a market leading package of between £31,017 - £34,473. In addition, the organisation offers a range of benefits to support your lifestyle including generous leave allowance (26 ½ days per year plus 9 bank holidays), flexible working hours, a lift-share scheme and regular training and development opportunities.
In addition, the organisation is currently going through an exciting new office build, which will be modern, environmentally friendly, purpose-built and will mirror the organisations ambition to be a world leading, forward looking data centric organisation.
Change Recruitment Services Limited provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business, and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.