Linux Engineer x7 - Bristol
£44,000 - £49,000
We are looking to build a new team of Linux Engineers (7) for a large scale Digital Transformation Programme working on a multi-million pound Network & Infrastructure modernisation project.
As part of a new projects team you will be working in a large scale enterprise environment with a core focus on Microsoft technologies including Linux servers (centos), Azure and legacy systems moving towards a modern cloud based infrastructure. As part of a large team of around 350 people covering IT and operations everyday will be a new challenge working with a collaborative team in a fast paced technical environment.
- Core Linux Infrastructure
- Linux Server (Centos)
- Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of Core networking principles
- Experience of legacy Linux Infrastructures and remediation.
- Experience of Prince 2 Project Management Methodologies.
- Experience of working in Agile project teams.
- Experience of mass Software deployment and configuration
- Experience of standards definition and adherence.
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and a fundamental understanding of Systems Administration/Specialist support
- Dealing with software and hardware vendors, and forming long term relationships to achieve best value in terms of both maintenance agreement, support contracts and procurement of infrastructure.
- Writing IT service documentation, including Service Descriptions, Disaster Recovery plans and build documentation to ensure that critical IT services are supportable in a repeatable and logical way.
If you are looking to join a fantastic team working with modern tech with fantastic rewards then get in touch for more information. We are looking for 7 Linux Engineers on initial 6 month fixed term contracts which will offer long term career opportunities on completion. In return you will get a generous package including 40 days holiday, 21% pension per annum with and flexible remote working options.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'