Librarian Required in North Leeds - LS23
Do you have experience working as a Librarian?
Are you looking to transfer your skills into an educational setting?
The school are looking for a librarian to help with the daily functions of the Library. You will encourage a positive learning environment and a high level of learning whilst in the library. You will be responsible for managing library resources, including budget and stock control.
The position is due to start in September and will be Monday - Friday. The hours will be 8.30am to 1.00pm and will be term time only.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help to develop a love of reading in all our young people through organising a range of events in the library throughout the year.
- Ensure students are following the behaviour policy
- Work with individual students in assisting with book selection, matching with their level of literacy and areas of interest.
- Promote good reading practice and effectively engage reluctant readers.
- Ensure fair distribution of book resources across all levels of ability.
- Facilitate/run after school clubs.
- Ensure computers and printers are working efficiently, reporting problems to the ICT Team to minimise disruption to students.
- Attend School Library Service meetings and liaise with them regarding any events.
- Manage, classify and keep records of stock. Purchase new stock and resources to support literacy across the school.
- Keep resources in the library in good order - including regular sorting and weeding of stock.
- Meet with book company representatives regarding new stock.
In the last academic year:
- 94% of our Candidates were very happy with the work which we provided them with.
- 97% of our candidates rated our service as excellent.
Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks your application may have been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"