£19,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience), + discretionary bonuses paid for performance and commitment. FULL CLEAN LICENCE & CAR ESSENTIAL.
8.45am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. 1 x Saturday in four (9am to 5pm, with a day off in lieu) & 1 x Saturday & Sunday in eight (10.30am to 4pm with time off in lieu).
Our Client is an independent Real Estate Agents based in North Leeds who pride themselves on their integrity and high ethical standard, and their ability to deliver a high quality, professional, letting agency service, whatever their client's needs. A high demand in the lettings market has led to organic growth and as a result of this our client currently wish to appoint a Lettings Negotiator into their Rentals team.
The role is to help assist with the day to day operation of the rentals side of the company with a view to increasing revenue and maximise profit. Experience of residential property, particularly in relation to lettings, marketing of property and tenant/landlord liaison is preferable but not essential.
- Operate effectively the administrative aspects of the rentals department, assist and support the Rentals Manager in maintaining and developing the business including undertaking viewings, negotiating and processing tenancy applications, and keeping clients updated and appraised of progress at all times. The Rental Negotiator is also responsible for booking viewings, dealing with enquiries, telephone work, applications and tenancy set-ups.
- Agreeing property lets in consultation with Landlords and Applicants
- Process tenancy applications and conduct referencing, keeping Landlords and Applicants informed of progress at all times
- Prepare tenancy agreements and pre-tenancy paperwork
- Initiate/take responsibility for new tenancies, including arranging for transfer of set up monies, key cutting, and preparing property for new tenant(s)
- Liaison with Bookkeeper to ensure tenancy set up money has been received via Bank, where appropriate
- Undertake check out inspections and agree any deposit deductions with landlords and ex tenants (experience of dispute resolution would be useful)
- Ensure post tenancy set-up work is completed
- Maintain good relations with clients, customers and contractors
- Ensuring the highest standard of customer service is upheld at all times
- Book, co-ordinate & undertake viewings of property with prospective tenants, notify existing tenants of viewings times scheduled, cancelled, etc
- Preparation of Inventories and Schedules of Condition (ensuring properties are clean and ready for new tenants to move into)
- Implement advertising and marketing as necessary
- Ensure phone calls are handled professionally co-ordinating closely with Team members from the Sales side of the business
- Maintain marketing literature and displays within the showroom/reception area