Legal Recruitment Consultant - lawyer retrain opportunity for Solicitors & Paralegals
Legal Recruitment Consultant (Associate) - Birmingham
ARE YOU A SOLICITOR, LEGAL EXECUTIVE OR PARALEGAL?
Have you reached a point in your career where you’re unsure whether the law’s for you? Maybe you’re a trainee and realising this already…?
IF SO, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A CAREER IN LEGAL RECRUITMENT?
A career in legal recruitment allows you to leverage the value of your experience in the legal profession, whilst also opening up a new and exciting career path.
And that’s exactly what we can offer you - a fresh start in an environment better suited to your skills and aspirations.
WHAT TO EXPECT - BEING A LEGAL RECRUITER AT BCL:
Working as a recruitment consultant, you'll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, being pro-active on social media and through referrals.
You'll screen candidates, interview them and match them to their clients. You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
You will need a strong desire to succeed and establish yourself in your market. You must also enjoy working in a high-pressure environment (and the responsibility that comes with it)!
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You’re a Paralegal, Legal Exec or Solicitor fully committed to a career change
- Have looked in to the world of recruitment thoroughly and are certain it’s for you
- Are looking to build a long term career in recruitment with a market leader
At BCL we undertake a 3 stage interview process. If we’re looking to move forward with your application we will want to talk through:
- Your CV, to gain a further understanding of your career to date
- Your understanding of the role day to day and the recruitment industry as a whole
- Your motivations for applying for this role and specifically why you'd like to join us and undertake a career in legal recruitment with BCL Legal!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
For most of our consultants who come from a legal background, they wanted a career that provided:
Better earnings - A good recruiter earns more than a good lawyer! We offer highly competitive basic salaries (up to £28,000) alongside an uncapped bonus scheme.
*In year one on target earning potential is between £38,000-£43,000.*
More opportunity to develop business and lead client relationships- Our clients will look to you to consult with them, devise and deliver a solution and similarly, you’ll work intimately with lawyer candidates and help them to make moves that advance their careers and/or meet particular personal needs.
Greater variety- You might find yourself consulting with a major law firm with plans to 'Northshore’ its operations; a Big 4 Accountancy firm looking to grow its Legal services; a FTSE 250 company looking for a new Head of Legal; or, a smaller firm needing to make a critical appointment that’s pivotal to its succession planning. Every day is different in recruitment.
More autonomy- We work in lateral markets - you would focus on a specific geographical location allowing you to become a specialist in your own right.
A better work/life balance- We encourage a good work life balance. Our standard working hours are: Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday 9am-5.30pm. Whilst this is a full time role, once you are on-board and bedded in, we are open to the idea of flexible working.
Culture- The BCL team is one with a particularly strong sense of unity and camaraderie - it's a positive, professional, energising place to work! We work in a fantastic modern office setting - it’s an open plan, collaborative and thriving environment.
Transparent progression- Over 20% of our team members were promoted last year, some within their first 12 months with us!
WHY BCL LEGAL?
- Over 60% of our recruitment consultants come from a legal background. You’ll be in very good company and safe hands!
- This is not a cold calling environment. You understand the legal profession, so our job is to help harness the innate skills you have and apply them in legal recruitment.
- We take our responsibility to you seriously
- You’ll be given in-depth training and weekly coaching and feedback from your manager
- You’ll be provided with a mentor and buddy (most likely a former lawyer)
- You’ll be given all the necessary tools, tech and process to pave the way to your success
In addition we offer a host of other benefits, to include:
- Holidays - 26 days per year annual leave (increases with service, plus potential to buy additional days)
- Group pension plan
- Westfield health plan (plus voluntary private medical cover at a reduced rate)
- Death in service
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply now.
As BCL's National Talent Executive I look forward to reviewing your application.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'