An opportunity has arisen to join a successful, dynamic law firm in Central London as a Legal Purchase Ledger Clerk in their accountancy team.
A dynamic, forward-thinking firm and one of the fastest growing IP practices in the UK; it has expanded internationally via the opening of offices in the USA and Germany
The Legal Purchase Ledger Clerk's Responsibilities:
- Receives purchase invoices and cheque requests and process invoices and cheque requests ensuring that the authorisation process is followed in accordance with specific deadlines
- Input all Supplier and Associate invoices to the Accounting system (Access) ensuring that account codes, case numbers, discounts, and payment terms (etc.) are correct
- Upload case-related disbursements from Access to practice management system
- Process bank and BACS payments to suppliers and send remittance advice
- Input all bank payments entries to Access
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts in Access
- Maintain the docs record and filing system of accounts payable files and other financial records including purchase orders and invoices for retrieval or review
- Respond to questions and makes calls regarding supplier invoicing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and suppliers where appropriate.
- Check bank accounts to assure funds are available for purchases
- Reconciliation of UK Bank accounts on monthly basis
- Petty cash management
- Maintain the FA register and account for FA depreciation on monthly basis
The ideal Legal Purchase Ledger Clerk candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Prior experience of working as a purchase ledger clerk in a professional services environment
- Experience working with Access
- A strong team player
- Good IT skills
- A consistent, reliable, flexible manner and good time keeper
- A "can do" approach.
Looking to offer between £25,000-£28,000 depending on experience with a comprehensive benefits package that includes study support.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job