Legal Counsel - Corporate
Job Title: Legal Counsel - Corporate
Job ID: 14239
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Oil & Gas
A global oil and gas subsea services business are currently recruiting for a Corporate Legal Counsel to based out of their Norwich office on a permanent basis.
As a member of the Group Legal Team and reporting directly to the Group General Counsel ("GGC"), this role will require a commercially focused individual who can not only provide day to day support but also develop the capability of the function across the Group. Based in Norwich but with occasional UK and international travel, the Legal Counsel - Corporate will support the GGC by providing advice and support to manage corporate, legal, compliance, health & safety, company secretarial, and other legal responsibilities and governance across the group.
You will be accountable for:
- Working with the Head of QHSE and the Head of Trade Compliance to provide guidance and support for their areas of responsibility
- Advising GGC on future requirements and working with GGC and others to develop and implement programmes for Legal, Compliance and Health & Safety
- Providing legal advice and ensuring (legal) compliance within the operating framework of the Group
- Overseeing company secretarial support for all group companies, managing cosec for all group entities (including instructions to 3rd parties and managing and updating corporate chart and corporate database).
- Managing paralegal support for corporate function
- Reviewing and responding to beneficial ownership/corporate structure queries
- Assisting OpCos with debt enforcement process
- Assisting in the management of corporate governance and compliance
- Producing, reviewing and clearly communicating group policy and guidance relating to cosec/legal matters
- Assisting in sharing of best practice amongst the group companies
- Keeping GGC abreast of new and impending legislation in all jurisdictions
- Ensuring that procedures will assist compliance with the Group’s safety, compliance and legal obligations
- Managing and dealing with ad hoc legal enquiries covering corporate legal matters, including for example employment, IP, data protection, property
- Suitable Legal Qualifications and Experience in Common Law or Civil Law
- Right to reside and work in the UK; clean driving licence
- At least 3 years’ post qualification practical experience (or equivalent) with current practising certificate or equivalent
- Experience or understanding of corporate legal matters as well as legal compliance and health and safety laws
- Offshore oil and gas service or manufacturing industry experience is an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in-house in energy or infrastructure would be desirable, but not essential
- Transaction and/or project management experience
- Demonstrable success of working in a multiple stakeholder environment and dealing with the apparent ambiguity that is often associated with such environments
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Previous experience of O365 is useful but not essential
If this sounds like a good match, then please get in touch ASAP as interviews are taking place immediately.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'