We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced mid-senior level commercial lawyer to join our in-house legal team. If you enjoy working in a highly varied role with lots of autonomy then this is the role for you!
Dairy Crest is a leading British dairy products company and we’re on a mission to create exceptional food, loved by every generation. We own and manage some of the UK's most popular dairy products and brands, including: Cathedral City, Davidstow, Country Life, Clover, Frylight, Utterly Butterly and Vitalite.
What you’ll do at Dairy Crest
The legal department is an integral part of the business and this role will provide commercial and contract legal support to all areas of the business, including the Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance and Business Systems departments and the Company’s factories and distribution sites. The key roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Contracts - negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial agreements including procurement, supply and manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements, service and outsourcing agreements, consultancy agreements, licensing, marketing and promotion agreements.
• Intellectual Property - advising on all aspects of IP (trademarks, copyright, patents), including instructing external Trademark and Patent Attorneys on managing the extensive trademark and patent portfolio; providing intellectual property training for the business; and advising and managing infringement claims and disputes in relation to the IP portfolio.
• Competition Law Compliance - providing compliance advice to the business, preparing and delivering competition training.
• GDPR & Data Protection - advising the business on compliance with legislation and policy, preparing and delivering compliance education and training for the business, advising and managing subject access and Information Commissioner requests, updating data protection policies as necessary.
• Anti-Bribery & Ethics - providing training and advice on ethical business conduct, including anti-bribery and modern slavery, creating and updating policies.
• Litigation - advising on disputes with suppliers, customers and consumers, conducting investigations and gathering evidence, managing litigation on behalf of the business.
• Regulatory - advising, assisting and providing support to the business on general regulatory matters including health and safety and environmental issues; advising and assisting with the company’s regulatory reporting requirements; advising and approving packaging artwork, including product claims ensuring compliance with food regulations.
• Marketing - approving marketing and sales promotion materials, marketing communications, campaigns, websites and social media, ensuring compliance with advertising law, trades description and consumer protection legislation.
• Employment - providing advice and assistance to HR when required, including contractor or interim agreements and TUPE requirements and interpretation.
• Property - assisting with the management of the Group’s property portfolio including lease renewals, dilapidations claims, property regulatory issues such as noise nuisance claims, managing disputes and litigation and the managing external service providers providing property related services.
• Corporate - assisting with corporate work including asset sales, purchases and joint ventures, including ancillary work such as due diligence disclosure or review and pre and post completion matters.
• Outsourcing - identifying matters which should be outsourced, instructing and managing external counsel, managing and challenging external legal costs, ensuring appropriate quality advice is given.
• Risk Management - providing robust, pragmatic and commercial legal advice to the business. Understanding the company’s risk appetite, identifying and mitigating risk and providing solutions.
Who’s right for the role?
• A UK qualified solicitor with at least 2 years PQE from a leading law firm or a blue chip in-house background.
• A commercial lawyer with good drafting skills and strong business acumen who is able to provide robust yet pragmatic legal advice to all areas of the business.
• Strong communication skills - the ability to work closely with senior managers across all business departments and able to adapt their communication style to suit the audience.
• Ability to work autonomously and have confidence in own ability.
PQE is for guidance only. We welcome applications from all those who can demonstrate they meet the requirements of the role.
What can we do for you?
• Competitive Salary
• Workplace pension
• Free, onsite parking
• Discounted branded products
• Subsidised staff restaurant
To apply please click on the link below to go through to our website. Please ensure you attach a covering letter with your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'