Lecturers for Pearson BTEC Level 4 and 5 Courses
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) is an established higher education provider with significant identity, firmly assured QAA standards, professional accreditations and a well-reputed identity in the sector. The college is currently operating through five campuses across London and catering to diverse groups of students.
The College primarily offers Pearson’s BTEC HNDs in Business Management, Travel & Tourism, Health and Social Care, Education & Training and IT courses and professional courses like AAT.
With the aim to grow and expand, UKCBC is planning to add more qualified lecturers to its existing passionate and dedicated academic team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To deliver high standards of teaching and learning and to monitor the assessment processes by the requirements of the awarding body and the college.
- To strictly follow the awarding organisation standards and the policies and procedures of the College to achieve the expectations envisaged in the Quality Code for Higher Education in the UK.
- To come well prepared for each class, provide learning resources to students and engage all the students in active learning through discussions, teamwork and classroom task based workshops to be embedded as an essential component of teaching strategy.
- To provide academic and pastoral support to students to ensure that each student gets right support and attention and enable students’ successful progression
- To work in tandem with Module Leaders, Programme Leaders, Academic Managers and ensure that high standards of teaching and learning are assured to students continuously.
- To strive for enhancing student success and satisfaction rates and contribute to Institutional success through student achievements, increased levels of satisfaction by delivering value for money to every student in the class.
- To provide constructive feedback through the initial, developmental and summative course works and maintain relevant records
- To undertake course grading work through Turn it in and provide qualitative, comprehensive and developmental feedback on each course work graded, by strictly following the assessment criteria, guidelines and standards of the awarding organisation
- To undertake peer to peer marking, Internal Verification of coursework and participate in related meetings for standardisation, training and CPD events.
- To actively take part in various course team meetings, self-assessment processes and contribute to monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of the courses delivered through the term
- To comply with student and course management procedures including a meticulous and updated record keeping for academic management and administrative purposes.
- To design the module booklet and assignments to ensure effective learning and coverage by course outcomes and to liaise with the Director of Studies to make sure that it is cohesive and sensitive to student needs.
- To prepare and ensure that the module’s Scheme of Work is adequate to meet student needs and efficiently deliver the course specification.
- To identify, share and embed good practices, share resources in teaching, learning and assessment and subject leadership.
- To continuously ensure that a the taught modules are immediately updated on the Elearning and always maintain an up-to-date learning resource available to the students of the group
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the management from time to time to meet academic and administrative exigencies. .
- Be willing to undergo professional training; to research appropriate training and be prepared to attend internal and external courses, as well as providing feedback on any training undertaken.
- Minimum Master’s degree in the relevant discipline
- Three to five years of teaching experience at HE in the UK and the referred qualifications from Pearson/ similar awarding organisations
- Vocational experience in the subject area /specialism
- Teaching qualification or working towards it
- Ability to undertake challenges and handle diverse groups of adult students and provide strong support to improve their learning and progressions.
- Good Oral and written communication skills
- A strong determination to pursue an academic career and commitment to the development of students of diverse background.
- PhD in relevant discipline
- Experience as Programme Leader, Module Leader or Internal Verifier
- Experience in course validation, programme designing
- Research and publications
- Network with relevant Employers & Industry sector related to the specialism
- College Health
- Health Care