You must have had experience working as a Learning Mentor with KS1 and a Team Teach qualification is essential for this role.
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated and nurturing individual with a depth of knowledge of behaviour management, for a Learning Mentor position. It is essential for you to have had experience in dealing with challenging behaviour whether this be in an educational residential or youth setting. This is a great opportunity for somebody that is looking for that next progression in their career!
Working with the Pastoral Team, you will maintain an overview of individual children’s needs and circumstances, including how to remove barriers to learning so that they can achieve their full potential (both on a personal and academic level). You will be responsible for supporting children with social, emotional and mental health needs, overseeing children’s Individual Behaviour Plans and maintaining regular contact with parents.
We are looking for somebody who has a positive, firm but fair approach and somebody who values every child as an individual.
Personal warmth and an ability to empathise are essential for this role. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate highly and effectively with young children, their parents and other professionals, achieving maximum engagement by all.
• Numeracy, literacy, ICT and communication skills.
• NVQ level 3 in learning, caring or healthcare or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Experience of working within a nurturing environment e.g. educational, residential care.
• Team teach trained
• Basic / level 1 safeguarding
• In depth knowledge of the relevant curriculums (Early Years / Key Stage One).
• Detailed knowledge of child development.
• Depth of knowledge of a wide range of strategies / techniques to assist pupils to learn to manage their own feelings and behaviour.
• Knowledge of how environmental factors can impact on behaviour and learning.
• Informal counselling skills.
• Ability to liaise highly effectively with parents and other professionals.
• Good understanding of the differing educational needs of children and an awareness of the SEN code of practice.
• Understanding of how to collate and analyse data
How does this benefit you?
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone wanting to progress in their career and work within term time only. Not only does this provide a secure and safe environment it also provides you with job security and a guaranteed salary.
Please click apply now if you are interested in hearing some more information on this role.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job